Official GED Test
The GED test given at BCC gives you the opportunity to earn a State of Kansas high school diploma by measuring major academic skills and knowledge in core content areas that are usually learned during four years of high school.
The 8.5 hour test battery measures achievement in four subject areas:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
The General Education Development (GED) tests are administered to approximately 700,000 people each year. One out of seven high school diplomas granted in the United States is based on passing the GED tests. GED Testing is completed in a certified PearsonVUE testing center located at our El Dorado and Andover locations. Each testing session has limited space, so early registration is advised.
To register for the Official GED Tests you must:
- Create an account at ged.com
- Register at least 24 hours prior to the test date and be able to provide a current photo identification at check in. (Driver’s License or Kansas Identification Card)
- Be at least 16 years old, not be enrolled in high school, and not have graduated from high school. You need not be a student of Butlers Adult Education Center. If you are under 18 years old, you must bring a Compulsory Attendance Disclaimer from the school district in which you reside and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Pay the $30.00 test fee ($120 for all four tests) due at the time of registration. Payment must be with a credit or debit card; no cash or personal checks.
- Arrive at the appropriate test center 15 minutes prior to your scheduled test time.