About Adult Education Services
How to Use Adult Education Services
President Obama said, "I ask every American to commit to at least one year or more of higher education or career training. This can be community college or a four-year school; vocational training or an apprenticeship. But whatever the training may be, every American will need to get more than a high school diploma."
- To qualify for the program, you must be at least 16 years old, not enrolled in school, and have not graduated from high school. If you already have a high school diploma or GED, you may qualify for services through an assessment procedure.
- If you are under 18 years old, you must present a Compulsory Attendance Disclaimer from the school district in which you reside. When registering for orientation and/or any type of testing, your parent or legal guardian are required to accompany you.
- For you to be eligible for Adult Education classes, you must:
1. Call (316)323-6074, and register - seating is limited
2. Attend Pre-Registration - you may choose to attend an afternoon or evening session. You must bring your current Kansas photo ID. If under 18 years old, your parent must accompany you and you must bring your Compulsory Attendance Disclaimer. You must also bring the $25 Materials Fee, cash only or money order only. Scholarships available if you qualify.
3. Attend your testing appointment.
4. Attend Orientation.
5. Attend scheduled class.
-You must attend intensive classes Monday through Friday. Basic technology and employability skills - required in today's business world - are integrated into all classes. Class attendance is mandatory. Attendance policies are enforced strictly. You will learn about the attendance policy for classes in Orientation.
- Agencies paying your fees (i.e. Headstart, Mid-CAP, SRS, WIA, churches, etc. ) should give you a signed, written notice with billing information.
- You are expected to progress during a class session, but everyone's skills and goals vary. Upon completing a class session, you may desire additional instruction to reach their goal(s) and may need to enroll in another series of classes. An additional materials fee will be charged at that time.
- With a 24-hour notice, we can provide letters and/or reports regarding your progress, attendance, and/or enrollment.