Building and maintaining a campus conducive to learning
Assistant Director of Facilities Management
Office: BOE 1200 Building
The environment in which you learn can enhance or inhibit your success. Butler’s Facilities Management teams are dedicated to maintaining campuses that are comfortable, attractive settings in which to study, teach and work. The department’s responsibilities are supported by four separate teams:
- General Services is responsible for building maintenance and construction, including heating and air conditioning, electrical service, carpentry and painting.
- Technical Services ensures compliance with ADA and fire codes, maintains the doors and locking systems as well as building hardware and restroom accessories. This team also maintains Butler’s fleet of vehicles.
- Roads and Grounds is the team to call if you need to move or store furniture or equipment or remove trash. They also make sure the grounds of each campus are landscaped and maintained.
- Custodial Services keeps our buildings clean. They also prepare rooms and facilities for special events.
- In addition, our Administrative Support team acts as the liaison with college faculty, staff, visitors and vendors. This group also manages key functions such as communications, finance, work orders and vehicle scheduling.
We encourage you to contact us whenever you identify a need for maintenance services anywhere on our campuses. We have also provided a number of online forms you can use to order services. Help us keep your college in the kind of shape that will always make you proud to be a part of it.