LPN to RN (Advanced Standing)
Advance your career.
If you are a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who wants to step up the career ladder and become an RN, our Advanced Standing program is for you. Specific requirements for Advanced Standing can be obtained by:
- Accessing the Admission Process for Advanced Standing for LPNs (see below).
- E-mailing your name and address to Sarah Flora, Advanced Standing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting Advanced Standing materials to be sent to you.
- Calling the Advanced Standing Coordinator at (316)322-3237 or 733-3237 from the Wichita Metro area.
Admission Process for Advanced Standing for LPNs
Address all application materials to:
Sarah Flora, Advanced Standing Coordinator
Department of Nursing
Butler Community College
901 S. Haverhill Rd.
El Dorado, KS 67042
- Apply for Admission to the college.
- Fill out Application for Admission to the Nursing Program for Advanced Standing for LPNs.
- Ranking for Final Selection: Up to 16 third semester positions are dedicated to qualified Advanced Standing applicants each semester.
- Acknowledge Acceptance: If any of the first accepted group of students do not accept, or accept and withdraw prior to the beginning of class, the vacancy created will be offered to the next highest ranked applicant.
- Selected Student Responsibilities: Students must complete a specified background check, physical examination including documentations of vaccinations and immunizations, health record, and degree check in the Office of the Registrar.
Applicants who are not selected for admission are asked to communicate in writing their desire to reapply for the next class to the Nursing Department prior to the May 20 and September 20 deadlines. Files of applicants who do not communicate their to desire to reapply will be deleted.
All applicants should sufficiently possess:
- Visual acuity
- Auditory perception
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Communication skills
- Intellectual and emotional functions