Massage Therapy Admission Requirements
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess a high school diploma or a GED.
- One of the following
EG 060 Fundamentals of English with a grade of C or better
ACT English score of 18 and Reading score of 15 or higher within the last 3 years
ASSET Writing score of 41 and Reading score of 38 or higher, or COMPASS Writing score of 70 and Reading score of 68 or higher.
- Complete MT130, Introduction to Massage Therapy, with a grade of C or higher.
- Background check (to be completed during MT130). Students must have a specified background check. This is a one-time requirement in the massage therapy program to meet the Standards of Practice for the National Certification Exam for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. Previous background checks will not fulfill this requirement.
- Receive 1 full-body relaxation massage from a trained massage therapist and submit verification with application. Two additional massage sessions will be required during the program; one during Therapeutic Massage 1 and one during Therapeutic Massage 2.
Students entering into MT140, Therapeutic Massage I, must be 18 years of age.
All students must be trained, and maintain certification throughout the massage therapy program, in American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers.
First and Third Semester students must have a physical examination and test free from
Tuberculosis as required by Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
Professional dress shall be maintained throughout the program with the required uniform. The uniform consists of the Butler Massage Polo and Blue, Black, or Khaki dress pants. Tennis shoes are also required. Two program polo's are included in the MT140 Lab Fee. Students are required to provide their own dress pants and required shoes.
Supplemental required materials include two flat white twin size sheets, one fitted white twin size sheet and a solid colored blanket.