This course provides the nurse aide with skills necessary to perform rehabilitation and restorative procedures in adult care homes under the supervision of a registered physical therapist.
Prerequisites for Restorative Aide (AH124 - 2 credit hours)
- Nurse Aide (AH 122) is a pre-requisite to AH 125, Nurse Aide II - Acute Care Environment.
- Must be a Certified Nurse Aide in Kansas or have just completed AH 122 Certified Nurse Aide for Kansas Nursing Homes with a C or better. Note to Advising: The student might have taken CNA at another College and CNA will not be on Butler transcript. The student must show you a CNA card.
- Note to Advising: The student can enroll in Rehabilitative Aide if he or she has finished CNA, but is waiting to take the CNA State exam.
- Student must take the ASSET test before enrolling and score 35 or higher in the reading portion of the test. (Advising will administer)
- Bring the following ON THE FIRST DATE OF CLASS
Each student will pay a $20.00 fee for the state exam. This appears as a course fee and will be collected with tuition.
- Certified Nurse Aide Card