division header
print: PDF
Text Size: A | A | A

Ask Us

Call Butler Library Help at (316)218 6843 or (316)218 6371
Email Butler Library Help jbastin@butlercc.edu or lwnixon@butlercc.edu
Text Butler Library Help at (316)448-2225
Contact any of the Butler Community College Libraries


Do you have any textbooks in the library? Can I check them out?

No current textbooks are in the library, unless your instructor places one on reserve. Checks out times are determined by your instructor. To find your textbooks, either visit the Butler Bookstore or click here for the bookstore website.

How do I find an Academic or Scholarly journal?

You may find an academic or scholarly journal through the online databases located on the library web page under the Databases link or on the Electronic Resources page. EBSCO, ProQuest, or Academic OneFile are useful databases to use. Once you have chosen your database make sure and click on Full Text and Scholarly or Peer-Reviewed to find the information you need. If you need help please contact the library staff in person, by email jbastin@butlercc.edu or call 316-323-6843.

What is an academic journal article?

Click here for information about how to distinguish the difference between scholarly and non-scholarly journals.

How do I make citations?

Use EasyBib to create citations in MLA or APA. Here is a guide for help in creating your citations.

Do I need a library card?

Yes, your Butler ID is your library card. Community members may register for a library card with valid Kansas Driver's license or ID. See Butler of McConnell's information for details on check out policies there.

Do I have to come to the library to use electronic resources?

No, you have access to the electronic resources at home using your Pipeline Username and Password. Community members have access to the Kansas State databases through http://www.kslib.info under Our Services click on Explore Our Resources.

How can I get books from a different Butler library?

If the book you are looking for is only available at another Butler Library, you don't have to go to that location to get it. Call or stop by your nearest library, and we can get the material sent over to that location in a few short days.

How can I get materials if they are not in the Butler Libraries?

Through Interlibrary Loan. Students, faculty and community members may easily obtain resources from other libraries. You can check the Kansas Library Catalog for holdings from libraries across Kansas. Click here and fill out the form with the information you have.

Where can I find help writing a paper?

The Butler Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a free service available to students currently enrolled in courses on any Butler campus or in Butler online courses. The Butler Online Writing Lab guide brings together links to helpful information for you to use as you write your papers.

Do you offer tutoring services?

No, the library does not offer tutoring services, but Butler does offer face–to–face tutoring in many subjects, including English. The tutoring labs are located in El Dorado Room #205, Andover Room #5202U, and A&P Lab El Dorado 1500 building Room #136. Check the tutoring schedules to find a time and place for you.

Can I request a book to be purchased?

Yes, the library welcomes suggestions for new books in support of the college curriculum. Faculty requests are given priority. Please fill out this Item Request Form or contact Micaela Ayers (mayers@butlercc.edu/316-322-3235) for material requests.

How do I find Reserves that have been placed in the library by my instructor on the online catalog?

To find materials on reserve through the Butler library catalog, click on Advanced Search and then in Enter Search Terms: (type in instructors name) Click on Search.

Butler Community College, L. W. Nixon Library, 901 S. Haverhill Rd. El Dorado, KS 67042
(316)322-3234 or (316)733-3234 lwnixon@butlercc.edu FAX (316)322-3315